P R O F I L E
Hellenic Physical Society
The Hellenic Physical Society (Ε.Ε.F.) is a non-profit Scientific Society, founded in 1930, that represents the Greek scientists of Physics, of Physics Technologies and Physics of Communication.
- Basic fields of Action
CONGRESSES, SYMPOSIUMS, MEETINGS, COMPETITIONS
The Hellenic Physical Society organises permanently:
- the Panhellenic Congress of Physics
- the Panhellenic Environment Congress
- the Congress of Greek and Cypriot Physicists
- the International Congress of Art and Science.
It also organises and supports competitions, rewards, conferences, meetings, as well as events of cultural and social character.
The Hellenic Physical Society offers an intense editorial activity:
- Scientific and Educational Books
- Conference Proceedings
- «The Physical World»
- «Inspection of Physics»
- «Informative bulletin»
TRAINING COURSES, SEMINARS
The Hellenic Physical Society organizes seminars for professionals:
- Didactic of Physics
- Information Technology (specialization in new technologies and training in new software operating systems)
- Didactic of physical and natural sciences in Special Needs Secondary Education
- Pedagogical approaches
- Cross-cultural secondary education.
It also organizes summer training courses for students.
- The production and use of Physics and Communication Technologies.
- The contribution in growth of scientific research and science education in entire Greece.
- The representation and support of Greek professional Physicists in Greece and abroad.
- The formation of a code for professional ethics and behaviour for the professionals of physical and natural sciences.
- The provision of technical advices to the State as well as to organisms, both of state and of the private sector.
- The support of Science and Technology Communication.
- The comprehension and the familiarization of the general public in subjects of physical and natural sciences.
- Organizational Structure
- The Hellenic Physical Society is constituted by an Administrative Council elected every two years by all members of E.E.F. The Administrative Council is composed by the President, Vice-President, Secretary, Cashier and the council members.
- The Society recommends also teams of Special Interests. Each team of Special Interest is coordinated by a Chairman and its Secretary. Any member of Ε.Ε.F. can participate to the work of these teams.
- Collaboration with Greek Institutions
- Ministry of Education
- Municipalities and Prefectoral Governments
- National Research Institute
- Research Institutes
- University Educational Institutes
- Technical Educational Institutes
- Hellenic Mathematics Association
- Hellenic Biologists Society
- International Relations
- Full member of European Physical Society
- Charter member of Balkan Physical Union
- Agreement for reciprocal registration of members with the British Physical Society
A Mediterranean Collaboration
MASAD - Hellenic Physical Society
Hellenic Physical Society (E.E.F.) has been a member of MASAD (Mediterranean Association for Science Advancement and Dissemination) since August 2007.
MASAD association promotes Science and Technology dissemination in the Mediterranean area and it was founded in april 2007.
MASAD aims to give a substantial contribution in bursting Science and Technology communication in the Mediterranean area and in stimulating new ways for reciprocal recognition and cooperation among people working in Science and Technology in this area, by;
- Reinfonrcing collaboration among Mediterranean Countries by strongly supporting constructive engagement and highlighting of common Mediterranean heritage in the field of Science and Technology.
- Reinforcing the Mediterranean scientific culture, its capacity of development and expression;
- Developing the creative exchange of ideas, opinions and informations, typical of the history of the Mediterranean culture;
- Spreading among the public, information concerning the scientific knowledge of our culture, including the educational sector.
President of MASAD: Barbara Gallavotti
Contacts for E.E.F: Fildisis Panagiotis